Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Our team here at SERVPRO of Fort Dodge is ready at the drop of a hat to restore your business or home back to the way it was...or even better! Our IICRC trained restoration specialists team are here to help. We pride ourselves upon quick responses with quality services from the initial phone call all the way to the finish. Our team will work diligently to extract the water and dry the property with some of the best equipment on the market today. SERVPRO of Fort Dodge uses moisture monitoring equipment to effectively measure and document the drying process to ensure your property is dry. We work with insurance companies and can report any information if needed. Let us assist in making a stressful situation disappear.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (515) 955-4009
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.