Why DIY Water Extraction Efforts in Fort Dodge are Not Enough
SERVPRO Utilizes Powerful Water Extraction Tools to Ensure All Standing Water Gets Removed from Your Fort Dodge area Property
Whether you recently had a flood, a water pipe broke, or encountered an appliance failure, extracting water as soon as possible is vital. Failing to begin extraction right away allows the water to migrate into dry spaces and your interior and structural materials are subject to the onset of secondary damage.
What Does Extraction Entail?
Water extraction in Fort Dodge can involve powerful equipment like pumps and truck-mounted extractors to pull up as much water as possible, as fast as possible. Even if you have a shop-vac on-hand that can handle water removal, skilled SERVPRO technicians can get the job done much quicker and achieve better results with:
- Submersible pumps are elemental when standing water measures over two inches in depth, typically in a basement.
- In many situations, the extraction process calls for multiple passes to ensure thorough drying.
- Careful selection of extraction tools to keep from damaging carpets by way of delamination.
- Portable extractors help get into tight spaces or restricted areas.
- Truck-mounted extractors have their own power source and are more potent than portable extractors, usually not needed for small water spill cleanups.
To achieve our drying goals, SERVPRO formulates a plan to use drying and extraction in unison. We determine the type and number of dehumidifiers and air movers to set up within the water-loss zone and adjust as needed to stay on track. Once our moisture meters give us regular readings within your Fort Dodge area home or business, we then wrap up the project with the application of EPA-registered cleaning agents and deodorizers.
There is no water extraction job that is too large or too small for our knowledgeable team at SERVPRO of Fort Dodge. If you need assistance after experiencing a water emergency, call us at (515) 955-4009, and we will deploy a crew to your front door within hours. We make sure it looks, “Like it never even happened.”