Saving Hardwood Flooring After a Water Damage
SERVPRO can help when your hardwood floors are damaged by a water damage
Hardwood flooring is an everyday staple of construction in many Homewood homes, but caring for this material can often be a challenge. Moisture and saturation can distort the shape and weaken the integrity of these materials, which can ultimately cause homeowners to need to replace them. To avoid this costly repair and reinstallation of hardwood, seek the experience and industry-leading equipment of restoration professionals that can address this saturation effectively.
Many homeowners mistakenly believe that addressing flooring damage in their home after a water loss incident in Homewood is only involved as removing surface moisture and standing water. In truth, these situations can often move far beyond the surface and affect into subflooring material. The only way to know the full extent of the spread of water damage is to utilize the advanced detection equipment and thermal imagery cameras available to our SERVPRO team.
We understand how vital it is to address water damaged flooring as quickly as possible because, within a few days, hardwood flooring and vinyl alternatives can begin to swell and distort. Bloating can cause the tongue and groove connections of the individual planks to disconnect, separating entire portions of flooring. Once this degradation begins, it is no longer possible for professionals to reverse this damage and controlled demolition techniques become necessary instead.
We understand how critical a fast response is to protecting hardwood flooring in your house, and so our SERVPRO of Fort Dodge professionals stay available 24/7 to help. You can trust our experienced and equipped professionals to make flooring damage “Like it never even happened.” Give us a call anytime that you need us at 515-955-4009
Emergency Board Up in Fort Dodge Iowa
Board Ups from Fire or Storm Damage
It is not unheard of for a severe storm, fire, or accident to cause major structural damage to a home that may include holes or openings in the siding and roof. If the home is left exposed, it is vulnerable to further damage by the elements or even vandalism. Our technicians are dedicated to boarding up your home quickly to secure it and prevent further damage. We have the materials and experience to board up your home and we respond within 2 to 4 hours of your call to provide emergency board ups.
- Closing up of all holes and openings in the structure
- Full temporary enclosure of severely damaged buildings
- Barricades in key areas
- Tarping services for damage roofs
If a disaster or accident has left your home in Matteson or Homewood Flossmoor exposed do not hesitate to contact SERVPRO of Fort Dodge for board up services. Our technicians can effectively board up your home or building to keep it secured and protected until it can be rebuilt. We are available 24 hours a day at 515-955-4009 for emergency board ups in Fort Dodge and surrounding areas
Electrical Safety Tips for the Homeowner
ELECTRICAL SAFETY FOR THE CONSUMER
Electricity makes our lives easier. However, we need to be cautious and keep safety in mind.
Flipping a light switch. Plugging in a coffee maker. Charging a laptop computer. These are second nature for most of us.
Here are some safety tips from our friends at The National Fire Protection Association.
- A) Have all electrical work done by a qualified electrician.
- B) When you are buying or remodeling a home, have it inspected by a qualified private inspector or in accordance with local requirements.
- C) Only use one heat producing appliances such as a coffee maker, toaster, space heater, etc. plugged into a receptacle outlet at a time.
- D) Extension cords and plug strips should not be used for major appliances such as refrigerators, dryers, washers, stoves, air-conditioners, microwave ovens, etc. These should be plugged directly into a wall receptacle outlet.
- E) Arc-fault circuit interrupters otherwise known as AFCI’s shut off electricity when a dangerous condition occurs. Consider having them installed in your home.
- F) Consider having ground–fault circuit interrupters installed - GCFI. These reduce the risk of shock they shut off an electrical circuit when it becomes a shock hazard. They should be installed inside the home in bathrooms, kitchen, garages and basements. All outdoor receptacles should be ground-fault circuit interrupter protected.
- G) Test your ACFIs and GFCIs once a month according to the manufacturers You do not need a flame to start a fire. Fire can start when heat builds up near things that burn. This can happen when a hot light bulb is near things that burn. Things such as cloth or paper, or a cord that has been placed under a carpet.
- H) Consider using ground – fault circuit interrupters to reduce the risk of shock. These items shut off an electrical circuit when it becomes a shock hazard. They should be installed inside the home and bathrooms, kitchen, garages and basements. All outdoor receptacles should be GFCI protected.
- I) Check electrical cords to make sure they are not running across doorways or under carpets. Extension cords are intended for temporary use. Have a qualified electrician add more receptacle outlets so you don’t have to use extension cords.
- J) When installing light bulbs be sure to make sure the number of watts is applicable for the product. There should be a sticker that indicates the right number of watts.
Here are some additional thoughts:
Call a qualified electrician or if you rent your landlord if you have:
A burning or rubbery smell coming from an appliance.
Frequent problems with blowing fuses or tripping circuit breakers.
Flickering or dimming lights.
Discolored or warm wall outlets.
A tingling feeling when you touch an electrical appliance.
Sparks from an outlet.
Simple safety precautions save lives and property.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned – a defensive cleaning program
Let us help you get back to business
As our communities re-open, we’re all moving back toward a new kind of normal. The expectations of visitors, customers, and employees who come into our establishments have evolved, and staying safe and well is a top concern. The global COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean, and we’ve developed a program to help your business meet the new higher standard of clean that is now expected.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program we’re offering to businesses and commercial locations to address the current COVID-19 pandemic. This proactive viral pathogen cleaning program goes well beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. By choosing Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you, your employees, your customers, and your community can rest assured that you’ve selected a higher cleaning standard – you are Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Extensive training and specialized products
As the #1 choice in cleanup and restoration*, we stand on more than 50 years of experience and expertise to help your business become Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. Beyond fire & water, SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills – always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
From formulating and creating our proprietary cleaning products, like SERVPROXIDE, at our headquarters in Gallatin, TN, to taking the utmost care while disinfecting, we will ensure you and your business are set up to inspire consumer confidence as the economy continues to reopen.
3 C’s – Consult, Clean, and Certify
When the stakes are this high, you want a partner who has developed an industry leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solutions, and remediation processes over decades. We’ve cleaned up some of the most challenging biohazards imaginable. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned reflects our unique experiences and capabilities. The program is grounded with our unique 3 C’s: Consult, Clean, and Certify.
- Consult – Every business is different, which is why you’ll be assigned a Cleaning Protocol Consultant who understands your business and will create a cleaning program to meet your specific needs. This program will be developed based on your business type, size of space, amount of high frequency touchpoints, foot traffic and congestion points.
- Clean – Based on your specific business needs, your location will undergo a thorough, deep clean, using exclusive cleaning products, according to protocols set forth by the CDC. Our employees have years of experience, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of hazardous materials. In the event of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 event, we will be there cleaning within 24 hours to ensure you get back to business as quickly as possible.
- Certify - Once your business location has been Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you will gain access to proprietary signage, digital emblems, and other collateral that communicates that you’ve selected a higher standard of clean available to help protect your employees and customers. And because we add the day, month, and year to that proprietary stamp of clean, your guests will know that not only did you choose Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, but that your location is being cleaned regularly at this standard.
Call today for a Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation
We’re Here to Help – 24 hours a day, seven days a week – until life is back to normal in the communities we all call home.
Call SERVPRO of Fort Dodge today at 515-955-4009 for your Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation.
* #1 Choice in cleanup & restoration based Commercial Attitude & Usage Tracking study. Polling 816 commercial business decision makers on first choice for future needs related to cleanup & restoration work. Study conducted by C&R Research: October 2019
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned means professionally trained SERVPRO franchises perform the requested cleaning, sanitizing and disinfection services according to proprietary SERVPRO protocols and recognized industry and CDC standards with EPA approved cleaning products to deliver a SERVPRO certified cleaning experience. Each SERVPRO franchise is independently owned and operated.
Prevent Damage To Your Business In Fort Dodge
Mother nature is unpredictable, and it can seriously impact your business. Not only can they damage the property and equipment, but it can prevent employees from getting to work. Here are some tips to reduce your risk of disaster damage:
- Backup your company files and store them in a safe, off-site location.
- In the event of a disaster, heavy equipment and cabinets, could topple over causing injury to those nearby; make sure all large items are pinned down nicely.
- If you are replacing the roof be sure to make them as fire-resistant as possible.
- Keep a fire extinguisher on every floor, this can prevent the fire from becoming more dangerous.
- Reinforce doors and windows to protect against strong forces.
- Have an emergency kit on hand and also a complete first aid kit.
- Implement an emergency plan and make sure employees know how to respond. You can set up an Emergency Plan Readiness with SERVPRO of Fort Dodge.
Remember, a quick response time can reduce the overall costs and loss of use. We are ready when you need us at SERVPRO of Fort Dodge. Call anytime: 515-955-4009 anytime of the day, someone is waiting to discuss your unique situation and help you determine the best course of action.
Storms & Little Warning
Storms occur with little warning and can be especially devastating, so you’ll need the company that you can trust to rise to the occasion. Regardless of the type of storm, SERVPRO of Fort Dodge can handle any size disaster.
When severe weather breaks, storm water builds up on streets, near lakes, rivers, and local storm control channels. Should storm water begin to accumulate around your house, here are a few easy steps that may help protect your home:
- Make sure all windows are closed tightly – especially check windows in your basement area
- Move valuables to higher ground
- Continuously monitor the sump pump (if you have one) to verify that it is operating properly
- Make sure to secure any outside furniture or decorations that can become airborne with high winds
- Cover basement window wells to help divert water from pooling inside the well
- Make sure to pick items off the floor that may get damaged from water exposure
- Keep your shoes, car keys, and family emergency kit near the door
Safety should always be your main focus when faced with storm water.
- Do not walk through moving water, as even 6’ of water is enough force to knock you off your feet
- Stay away for flood waters as it is contaminated and unhealthy and may pose health hazards
- People or vehicles in flooded areas can hamper Emergency Responders ability for quick response
Storm and flood water damage can be very destructive. Immediate action is needed, and you need the company with storm damage experience. SERVPRO of Fort Dodge has the expertise and the resources to handle any size disaster. If you need assistance with storm or flooding call 515-955-4009.
SERVPRO is Here to Help during this time of need
During this unprecedented time caused by the global pandemic of coronavirus, this is a reminder to our customers that we are specialists in cleaning services, and we adhere to the highest cleaning and sanitation standards.
We are prepared to clean and disinfect your home or business, according to protocols set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We have years of experience in dealing with biological contaminants, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform on a daily basis.
The CDC encourages cleaning of high-touch surfaces such as counters, tabletops, doorknobs, light switches, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets and tables. Other spaces mentioned in the CDC’s guidance for commercial spaces include:
- Kitchen/Food Areas
- Retail Spaces
- Water Fountains
- Sales Counters
- Carpets and Rugs
- Stair Handrails
- Elevator Cars
- Playground Equipment
- Fitness Equipment
The CDC recommends usage of a labeled hospital-grade disinfectant with claims against similar pathogens to the coronavirus. Multiple products in the SERVPRO product line carry the EPA-approved emerging pathogens claims. While there is currently no product tested against this particular strain of the coronavirus, we are following all guidelines as provided by the CDC and local authorities.
Call Today for a Proactive Cleaning
If your home or business needs deep cleaning services, call the experts today –SERVPRO of Fort Dodge – 515-955-4009
#1 for ALL your Commercial Needs
Carpet cleaning, Janitorial Service, Clean, Cleaning, Commercial
IMPROVE THE LOOK AND LIFE OF YOUR CARPETS
Carpet has been known as the #1 choice flooring option for conference rooms, hallways, offices, hotel rooms, reception areas and other hospitality spaces. Available in almost any color and design, carpet flooring enhances the appearance of your work environment, while also acting as an air filter. Dirt, dust, allergens and other air pollutants get trapped by carpeting, keeping the air in your building healthier. But, without proper commercial carpet cleaning, carpeting can become dirty, discolored and disheveled.
At SERVPRO of FORT DODGE, we provide commercial carpet cleaning along with janitorial services that tackle the deep down dirt and dust of high-traffic areas within your business. Using the highest quality, environmentally friendly products and advanced cleaning methods, we can help preserve the bright appearance, color and lifespan of your carpet.
REGULAR PROFESSIONAL CARPET CLEANING HELPS:
- Promote a uniform carpet appearance
• Reduce the spread of germs, bacteria, diseases and mold
• Remove stains and spots already present
• Reduce the effects of wear, especially in high-traffic areas
• Restore the natural, clean appearance and texture of the carpets
• Extend the life of the carpets
• Protect your carpet investment with Scotchgard carpet protector to prevent future spots and spills from settling in
A DEEP DOWN CLEAN YOU CAN DEPEND ON
Through our carpet and janitorial services, we help ensure your carpeting investment is maintained for the long term. By regular and systematic cleaning using the best techniques and technology, we help you maintain your image, put bounce back into your carpet and potentially extend the life of your carpet. Whether it's ongoing maintenance or an annual cleaning, we go the extra mile to get your carpets looking their best.
If you’re looking to hire Iowa’s #1 carpet and janitorial professionals for your projects, contact us today at (515) 955-4009.
Services from One for Moving, Power Washing, and Cleaning
Being there for everything
Do you routinely keep asking yourself who should I call for this service or that service? Do you have never ending thoughts if you've made the right choice? Well you need to consider what SERVPRO of Fort Dodge can do for you. The services that we offer don't just consist of cleaning up the water or fixing what the fire has done. SERVPRO has refined all facets of being able to service your needs in so many ways. Whether its cleaning out air ducts/HVAC, Soda Blasting/Sand Blasting unwanted remnants, Power Washing unwanted filth and grime, or moving services to transfers properties we are here for you!!! The scope of what SERVPRO has changed throughout the years to having the best there not just when things are at the worst, but there for you when things are at there best too. We are here to help through any situation that you could think of. Give us a call today and have the "Best" take care of it all.
Roof Tarping After Wind, Hail, Storm or Fire
Falling trees, fire, high wind and hail storms often cause roof damage. Safety should your primary concern. Initial roof assessment should be completed from the ground as damage is not always visible. If you suspect damage to your shingles or structure, contact a professional immediately.
Vacate the premises in the event of major roof damage.
Tarping the roof will prevent secondary damage while the roof is inspected and repaired. SERVPRO of Fort Dodge provides emergency roof tarp installation to prevent further damage. When disaster strikes, SERVPRO is ready to respond immediately with your roof tarping needs.
Need an Emergency Roof Tarp? Call Us Today 1-515-955-4009
Emergency Board Up Services Available
Our professional crews use approved board up techniques to minimize further damage and secure your property and protect the building from weather, animals and illegal entry.